TAMURA’S IS ROOTED IN FOUR GENERATIONS OF FAMILY HISTORY.
In the 1920’s, Makitaro Tamura opened his first store (Tamura Shoten) on the main street of Waianae. Makitaro eventually turned the store over to one of his sons, Katsuichi Tamura. Katsuichi changed the name of the store to K. Tamura Store which is currently known as Tamura Super Market.
Herbert Tamura (Katsuichi’s son) and Glenn Tamura (Herbert’s son), decided to venture out from the original family company (Tamura Super Market) and start their own establishment. In 1995, Tamura Enterprises, Inc. was established, operating a liquor division and grocery store. Today, Tamura Enterprises, Inc. has grown to include three Grocery Stores, eight Fine Wine & Liquors and one Restaurant & Bar with locations on Oahu and Maui. We firmly believe that we provide our loyal customers everyday low pricing and do not need a courtesy card required for in-store special pricing.
All our Poke Departments use FRESH AHI from Honolulu Fish Auction. Throughout 2013-2019, Tamura’s Poke has been voted as Hawaii’s Magazine Readers Choice Awards for Best Place for Poke. We guarantee you will find something that you’ll fall in love with!
TAMURA ENTERPRISES, INC. TIMELINE
• February 1995 – Tamura’s Enterprises, Inc. was established.
• June 1995 – Tamura’s Market Wahiawa.
• 1999 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors was opened in the Kakaako area. After a 3 year lease, at Kakaako, it was later relocated to its current location in Waialae.
• December 2004 – Tamura’s Market Hau’ula opened in the Hau’ula Kai Shopping Center.
• December 2007 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Aikahi at the Aikahi Park Shopping Center.
• February 2010 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Aiea. In February 2019, it was relocated to its current location in Pearlridge Shopping Center next to Bed Bath & Beyond.
• May 2013 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Kahului opens on Dairy Road as the first store on Maui.
• June 2014 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Lahaina.
• October 2015 – Tamura’s Kitchen & Catering Wailuku.
• June 2016 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Kihei opens on East Lipoa street.
• August 2017 – The Row Bar by Tamura’s opens at Waterfront Plaza.
• April 2018 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Kaneohe opens at Windward City Shopping Center.
• April 2018 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Waterfront opens at Waterfront Plaza.
• February 2020 – Tamura’s Market Wailuku on Imi Kala Street.
“Tamura’s Market is deeply rooted on the Hawaiian islands of Maui and Oahu as it has been the go-to community grocery store for four generations. The company has developed a strong reputation based on its family values and customer service, which has allowed it to seize the opportunity to become more diverse” Check out our feature on fooddrink-magazine.com!