TAMURA’S IS ROOTED IN FOUR GENERATIONS OF FAMILY HISTORY.
Tamura’s first store (Tamura Shoten) was originally back in the 1920’s opened by Makitaro Tamura on the main street of Waianae. Makitaro eventually turned the store over to one of his sons, Katsuichi Tamura. He changed the name of the store to K. Tamura Store and now it is presently Tamura Super Market.
Herbert and Glenn Tamura (Herbert son), decided to venture out from the original family company (Tamura Super Market) and start their own establishment. In 1995, Tamura Enterprises, Inc. was established, operating a liquor division and grocery store. Today, Tamura Enterprises, Inc. has grown to include, 3 Grocery Stores, 5 Fine Wine & Liquors and 1 Express Store which includes locations both on Oahu and Maui. We firmly believe that we provide to our loyal customers everyday low pricing and do not need a courtesy card required for in-store special pricing.
All our Poke Departments use FRESH AHI (Sashimi Grade) from Honolulu Fish Auction. Tamura’s Poke has been voted in the past as ‘Best of the Best’ Poke Shop by 2012, 2013 Honolulu’s Magazine and in 2013-2015 Hawaii’s Magazine Readers Choice Awards for Best Place for Poke. We guarantee you will find something that you’ll fall in love with!
TAMURA ENTERPRISES, INC. TIMELINE
• February 1995 – Tamura’s Enterprises, Inc. was established.
• June 1995 – Tamura’s Market Wahiawa.
• 1999 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors was opened in the Kakaako area. After a 3 year lease, at Kakaako, it was later relocated to its current location in Waialae.
• December 2004 – Tamura’s Market Hau’ula opened in the Hau’ula Kai Shopping Center.
• December 2007 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Aikahi at the Aikahi Park Shopping Center.
• February 2010 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Aiea. In February 2019, it was relocated to its current location in Pearlridge Shopping Center next to Bed Bath & Beyond.
• May 2013 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Kahului opens on Dairy Road as the first store on Maui.
• June 2014 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Lahaina.
• October 2015 – Tamura’s Kitchen & Catering Wailuku.
• June 2016 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Kihei opens on East Lipoa street.
• August 2017 – The Row Bar by Tamura’s opens at Waterfront Plaza.
• April 2018 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Kaneohe opens at Windward City Shopping Center.
• April 2018 – Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors Waterfront opens at Waterfront Plaza.
• February 2020 – Tamura’s Market Wailuku on Imi Kala Street.
“Tamura’s Market is deeply rooted on the Hawaiian islands of Maui and Oahu as it has been the go-to community grocery store for four generations. The company has developed a strong reputation based on its family values and customer service, which has allowed it to seize the opportunity to become more diverse” Check out our feature on fooddrink-magazine.com!